Did You Know?
- Water is the most common substance found on earth.
- Water is the only substance on earth naturally found in the three true element forms: solid, liquid, and gas.
- A person can survive without food for more than 30 days, but less than a week without water.
- A gallon of water weighs 8.34 pounds.
- For every 2.31 feet that water is raised above the earth's surface it can create one pound per square inch of pressure.
- For every 2.31 feet you are submerged below a body of water's surface there is 1 pound per square inch of pressure equally placed on your body.
- The first water pipes made in the U.S. were fire-charred, bored-out logs.
- There are over 1 million miles of water pipelines and aquaducts in the United States and Canada - enough to circle the globe 40 times.
- There are over 59,000 community public water systems in the U.S.
- Community water systems process over 35 billion gallons of water daily.
- The average household uses 107,000 gallons of water per year.
- It takes 1,851 gallons of water to refine one barrel of crude oil.
- It takes 120 gallons of water to produce one egg.
- A single birch tree will give off 70 gallons of water per day in evaporation.
- An acre of corn will give off 4,000 gallons of water per day in evaporation.