Water Conservation Tips
Save Water this Winter
Did you know that an average person uses between 50 and 200 gallons of water every day? To help conserve water in and around your home, keep these water conservation tips in mind:
- Shorten your showers. Even a two minute reduction can save up to 700 gallons per month.
- Install water-saving shower heads or flow restrictors and save 500 to 800 gallons per month.
- Run only full loads in the washing machine and dishwasher and save 300 to 800 gallons per month.
- Fix leaky faucets and plumbing joints and save 20 gallons per day for every leak stopped.
- Put a few drops of food coloring in the toilet tank - wait about 1/2 hour. If the water in your bowl has the color in it, your gaskets need to be replaced.
- Shut water off to the outside faucets in the winter.
- Shut the water off while brushing your teeth.