New Richmond Utilities invests more than meters, poles and cable in the community. Our civic pride and commitment to excellent customer service extends to making New Richmond a better place to live and work.
Since 1890, New Richmond Utilities has seen the community flourish. We’re proud to have supplied the electric power that has helped to make this growth possible. We’re equally proud that the volunteer efforts of our employees and the utility have contributed to the development, growth and well being of our great community.
The Water Department was established in 1892 and in 1930 the Waste Water Treatment Plant was established. The three departments became New Richmond Utilities in 1972.
The cornerstone of a not-for-profit, municipally owned and operated utility is “local people working together to meet local needs” – that’s just where the benefits to the community start.